The procedure for the selection of RIAT students and graduate students to participate in international programs of academic mobility
1. The selection of RIAT students and graduate students for participation in international programs of academic mobility is conducted on a competitive basis.
2. Upon receiving of information about the possibility of taking part of RIAT students and graduate students in the programs of international academic mobility from a foreign institution or organization, the Center for International Educational Programs, Projects and Public Relations announces a competitive contest for the participation in the program in question.
3. The announcement of the competitive contest is to be placed on the official website of the Academy in the “Erasmus +” section in the Russian and English languages.
4. Applicants for participation in international academic mobility programs submit the following set of documents to the Center for International Educational Programs, Projects and Public Relations:
- a personal application of the student or graduate student with a statement of the desire to participate in the program of international academic mobility addressed to the Rector;
- a copy of the student and graduate student’s foreign passport;
- a copy of the student or graduate student’s diploma of education / record book (extract from the record book with the results of attestation for the first semester of the academic year);
- the original of the document certifying the level of proficiency in a foreign language (an international certificate or a standard document, completed by the head of the Department of
Foreign Languages and Foreign Regional Studies;
- a list of research publications and copies of those publications;
- reports on practical training sessions (if there are any on the curriculum);
- copies of diplomas, certificates and other documents confirming achievements in educational, scientific and public activities.
5. Students and graduate students who do not have the minimum level of the foreign language knowledge established by the host university are not allowed to participate in the competition.
6. Documents submitted for the competition are considered by the Competition Commission consisting of the following members:
- Vice-rector for educational and methodical work;
- Dean of the faculty, where the applicant is studying;
- Head of the Department of Foreign Languages and Foreign Regional Studies;
- Director of the Center for International Educational Programs, Projects and Public Relations.
7. The meeting of the Competition Commission shall be held within 5 working days after the deadline for the receipt of documents specified in the announcement of the competitive contest.
8. Students and graduate students are selected on the basis of indicators of their academic performance (grade point average), knowledge of a foreign language, participation in scientific and social activities (participation in university, intercollegiate, and international conferences and contests).
9. In case the number of applicants for participation in the international academic mobility program exceeds the quota declared by the host foreign university, with equal academic performance indicators and compliance with the minimum foreign language requirements set by the host foreign university, priority is given to students and graduate students of international double-degree programs as well as having additional achievements in training and research activities, confirmed by diplomas, certificates, and publications in collections of scientific works.
10. According to the results of the meeting of the Competition Commission, the Selection Protocol is drawn up, in which the decision is indicated for each applicant: “recommended to the main list”, “recommended to the reserve list”, “not recommended”.
11. Students and graduate students who participated in the competition are informed of the results of the selection by the Center for international educational programs, projects and public relations.
12. The results of the selection are published on the RIAT official website of the in the Russian and English languages in the “Erasmus +” section within 3 days after the date of the meeting of the competition commission.
by the decision of the RIAT Academic Board
(Rector’s Order No. 281 of 02/21/2019)